If you’ve ever played at a Canadian online casino before, you will have a generally good idea what internet casino bonuses are, and what they can do for your online casino gaming experience. However, if you are new to Canadian internet gambling, you may be none the wiser. Fortunately, this page can walk you through the basics, and give you a helping hand to understand what is available out there at Canadian online casinos for you to claim.
The Many Types of Top Canadian Casino Bonuses
There are many different types of offers for you to claim at a typical online casino. Some are going to interest you straight away, particularly if you are playing on a shoestring budget. Other offers are hardly going to make too much of a difference to your gameplay. It is up to you to decide which promotion or bonus is most suited for your needs. However, we can walk you through each of them. Let us look at some of the most common bonuses you can find at the best Canadian online casinos in 2020.
The Welcome Bonus
The welcome bonus is going to be the most attractive bonus at any Canadian online casino. The principal reason for this is that it is generally worth the most money. A good casino welcome bonus can see you kitted out with enough free cash to play seemingly any game you want.
Canadian casino welcome bonuses will either be awarded when you sign up, or when you sign up and deposit. Here is roughly what you can expect to find with these offers:
- No Deposit Bonus: This is an offer afforded to new casino players without any deposit being required, as its name suggests. The offer can provide you with either a small sum of free cash or a handful of free spins on either selected slots or any games at the casino. In most cases, these offers will hardly have enough value to see you win millions of dollars. They can, however, enable you to win real money and give you a taste of what to expect should you decide to deposit later.
- Match Deposit Bonus: Match deposit bonuses (as their name suggests) are awarded to Canadian casino players when they deposit into their account. They could consist of cash or cash and free spins. These may be single offers valid only on your first deposit as a new player, or they could be extended promotions (packages, if you will), spanning your first several deposits. In both cases, you will be awarded a fixed amount of free money, based on the sum you deposit into your account. A 100% match, for instance, will see you get exactly the same amount you deposit as a bonus.
Re-deposit bonuses are usually offered to already existing members of a casino, either as a form of loyalty offer or as a special one-off bonus, such as a monthly promotion. These tasty bonuses work in exactly the same way as match deposit welcome bonuses, in that the amount of free cash you receive is wholly dependent on how much you deposit. They tend to be worth considerably smaller sums than welcome bonuses.
Timed exclusives can also be known as daily, weekly or monthly promotions. These Canadian casino bonuses are usually linked to a single casino, or other sister sites operating on the same network. They typically differ from casino to casino. They get their name because the promotional window for claiming them tends to be somewhat limited. If you don’t claim the bonus by the specified date, you will miss out.
Good examples of timed exclusives, daily, weekly and monthly promotions include:
- Deposit Bonuses: Once again, these offers work in the same manner as welcome bonuses and re-deposit deals.
- Double Loyalty Points: Players can earn loyalty points (which we will come to in a moment) when they play games. Some games can see you earn double the loyalty points during specific periods.
- Competitions and Tournaments: These offers are becoming increasingly frequent at Canadian online casinos. By depositing, wagering or winning (the criteria differs in each competition), you can be awarded points which can see you climb a leaderboard. At the end of each tournament, the players who are highest up the leaderboard are eligible for prizes such as free spins and bonus cash.
- Prize Draws: Prize draws may also be found at Canadian casinos. With these offers, any player who has fulfilled an objective (detailed in each promotion) will be entered into a random draw to win prizes which could include cash, free spins, gizmos and gadgets, hospitality packages or holidays in the sun.
- Free Spins: You can also find bonuses at Canadian casino sites which offer free spins. These may be valid on a variety of games, or just selected slots. Again, you will have the chance to pocket real money winnings with these offers.
- and more
Most major Canadian online casinos have some form of loyalty rewards scheme. These can differ from site to site, but most will allow you to earn points when you wager on games at the casino. Some may also offer you loyalty points (known as LPs) for depositing.
Those points can often be used for two things. Firstly, they can see you climb to higher tiers of the loyalty scheme, with each tier offering a range of promotions and bonuses such as those detailed above. Secondly, loyalty points can be accumulated and often redeemed for real money. At times, they may also be used to “purchase” bonuses through a club shop.
The higher the tier you reach, the better the perks of the loyalty scheme become. Bonuses commonly associated with Canadian casino loyalty programs include free spins, deposit bonuses, cash for referring friends (a refer-a-friend bonus), giveaways and special deposit bonuses when it is your birthday, or upon your anniversary at the casino.
The highest form of loyalty bonuses at Canadian online casinos can be found in the VIP Club. These are usually reserved for the highest-rolling (biggest spending) players or those who wager frequently. Reaching the upper echelons of a VIP club could see you rewarded with faster withdrawal times, higher withdrawal limits, access to exclusive tournaments and events, hospitality packages, your own personal account manager, personalised, tailor-made promotions, as well as all the bonuses already described earlier.
It is worth noting that at some Canadian casinos, players are required to maintain their loyalty/VIP status by regularly depositing and wagering. However, a few sites allow players to retain their status once it has been unlocked.
For a complete list of VIP Casinos, click here!
The Nuts and Bolts You Need to Know About
There are a few other nuts and bolts that you need to know about promotions and bonuses at Canadian online casinos. What do you know about promotional bonus codes, terms and conditions, and wagering requirements? These are important to check out before you claim any bonus, so let’s get you up to speed.
Using Promotional Bonus Codes
While many casino bonuses are triggered automatically, not all of them are. Some Canadian online casinos require you to enter promotional bonus codes to trigger bonuses. These can often be found on the promotions page at any top Canadian casino.
Once you have located the promotion you want, jot down the “code” listed on the page. You can then head to the cashier page, make a deposit and enter the code into the box provided. You can often get in touch with customer support to provide this code, too. The purpose behind the code is that it tells the Canadian casino which bonus you want to trigger. Again, not all offers and deals require promo codes to be used.
Meeting Those Wagering Requirements
Virtually all promotions and casino bonuses (barring a few exceptions) have wagering requirements attached to them. Also known as playthrough rates, they stipulate that you must wager any bonus you receive a specific number of times before you can hope to withdraw any winnings acquired with it. This is done to stop you hauling away the free money the casino has given you and is commonplace across the internet betting world. Wagering requirements often apply to whatever you win from free spin bonuses, too.
The playthrough rates of any bonus can usually be found on the terms and conditions page. A fair online casino will seldom have wagering requirements of 40x or more. The basic idea is that if you were to claim a bonus of $100, and it has a playthrough rate of 40x, you would need to wager $4,000 (40x$100) before you can withdraw winnings. In most cases, they will be less than that.
Other Terms and Conditions Worth Noting
There are other terms and conditions which are worth looking at, too. These can help determine whether a bonus is excellent value for money or not. These include:
- Game Eligibility: Some casino bonuses are only valid on selected games, while others can be used on a variety of titles.
- Max Win Caps: These state how much a player can win when using bonus funds or free spins.
- Minimum Deposit Limit: The minimum figure that a player needs to deposit to be eligible to claim a bonus at an online casino.
- Promotional Period Validity: Most Canadian casino promotions are time-based, so it is worth checking when each offer expires before you decide to claim it.
- Promotional Bonus Codes: As mentioned above, some bonuses require you to enter codes to trigger them.
- Wagering Requirements: Again, we’ve covered this above, but they state how much you will need to wager before you can withdraw any winnings acquired via your bonus funds or spins.
- Max Wager Caps: If you get a $100 bonus, you can’t spend it all on one spin. The maximum wager cap tells you how much of your bonus you can spend on a single spin of a slot or a single hand in a card game.
You can use common sense to weigh up whether a promotion or casino bonus offers good value for money by using the criteria listed above. This can often be a way of deciding whether an online casino is worth playing at, too.
Find Top Casino Bonuses Right Here
Of course, you can use all of the information presented to you above to find top bonuses for yourself. However, why not speed things up?
You can find the best Canadian internet casino bonuses right here on this page. If you don’t want to spend time trawling through possible casinos, check out our casino reviews. Our reviews can reveal exactly what types of promotions and bonuses a Canadian casino is offering you, as well as whether they are worth your time or not.