Mega Ball is the world’s very best live dealer bingo/keno game. Who else but Evolution Gaming would have the technical know-how to develop such a release? Unveiled in 2020, Mega Ball is a unique release in the online casino world, as there really is nothing else quite like the game. Lightning Dice and Dream Catcher are fun games of chance, and both heavily feature number prediction in their core gameplay. However, if you want a real game of chance reminiscent of bingo or keno, Mega Ball is the way to go.
If you are wondering how Mega Ball works, and where you can find the game, you have come to the right place. In this live casino gambling article, we take an in-depth look at Mega Ball and reveal all. With that said, let us begin with the basics…
What is Mega Ball?
Mega Ball is – like all other Evolution Gaming releases – a live casino game, streamed from the software provider’s studio in Riga, Latvia. That is roughly where the similarities between itself and other Evolution developed live casino games ends, though. Whereas those other games are based on baccarat, blackjack, roulette, table poker or money wheels – this one is based on bingo and keno. It is a lottery-style game if you will.
The live dealer game works in much the same way as a conventional bingo game, with players pocketing rewards by completing lines on bingo cards. You can purchase any number of bingo cards, and the digital aspect of the game checks off those numbers for you, so you don’t need to worry about being quick to do that yourself.
Table Limits and Betting Options
You can choose the value of your bingo cards yourself. Stakes cost between $0.10 and $100 a card in most editions of the game. However, you may be able to find the odd release which tweaks those table limits. As many as 200 cards can be bought per game. Each card features a 5×5 grid of numbers, with the centre square empty. There are 51 numbers in the game, and they appear at random in that grid.
After bets have been staked, a total of 20 balls are drawn, each one representing one of the 51 numbers in the game. The numbers are drawn one-by-one, with the game automatically checking off any matching numbers that you might have.
Once all 20 balls have been drawn, it is time to draw the titular Mega Ball. This spinning wheel features multipliers which range from 5x right up to 100x a bet. These can come into play if the Mega Ball helps you complete a line. Once the Mega Ball Multiplier has been decided, you will either pocket winnings based on the numbers on your card, or you will have lost.
It is worth noting that on occasion, a second Mega Ball may be drawn at random, giving you yet more chances to win astronomical sums of cash.
Prizes and Payouts
It is possible to win with up to twelve lines per card. The exact amount you can win does vary, though. Firstly, the amount you can pocket from this game will heavily depend on the cost of your ticket. The more you spend per card, the more you are going to be able to win. Fixed cash prizes are available for players completing one to twelve lines, in this manner.
However, if you can complete a line using the Mega Ball multiplier, you can win up to 100x the normal rate of pay. If the Second Mega Ball comes into play, you are looking at some astronomical winnings. Evolution Gaming claims that multipliers worth up to 1,000,000x a bet could be had if you complete all twelve lines in the game. This doesn’t seem like it would happen very often, but Canadian players can dream.
Mega Ball is a fun-filled game, and yet again, Evolution Gaming has taken a rather drab and dreary gambling game and managed to make it sparkle. Far from being dull, as its premise suggests, the clever use of cameras and other features provide added excitement. Let us now look at some of those features.
- Keep Tabs on Your Path to Success: Evolution Gaming’s Mega Ball makes it incredibly simple to keep tabs on what you need for a victory. Even if you play with 200 cards at once, all the numbers you need to complete a line are displayed in gold on the screen. Once a Mega Ball has been drawn, you will also see how much you can win via this same display.
- Histories and Stats: Mega Ball – like most Evolution Gaming developed live casino games – allows you to check back at previous rounds regularly. The ball history is regularly updated and displayed on the screen. You can see how many balls are reimagining, as well as those which have been drawn. Other in-depth stats give you a sense of how hot and cold each ball is over recent games. One of the most important screens to keep tabs on is the payout screen. This will change based on the amount you have wagered, but having this information at handy is of paramount importance.
- Fast Action Replayed: If you want to play rapid games in succession, Evolution Gaming has worked a handy autoplay feature in this game. The feature allows you to rapidly play with the same number of cards and the same stake over a period of rounds. The numbers on the cards will change, but at least you don’t have to waste time setting up your bets once more. This is also hugely important when you consider that the betting window in Mega Ball is just 20 seconds.
- Open for Everybody: No player needs a wealth of experience to play the game. All you have to do is set to your stake size and purchase the cards. Everything else in the game, from the checking of the numbers to the paying out of prizes, is automated. This game uses a simple bingo mechanic which most players will be familiar with. Moreover, it is a fair and trusted game. The reported RTP (return to player) is just 95%, which is not too shabby at all for something which is essentially nothing more than a game of chance.
- Multiple HD Cameras: As with virtually all Evolution developed live casino games, Mega Ball uses a variety of high-definition cameras. These allow you to follow the action as it happens, with close-ups on each ball draw. This live casino is also mobile-friendly, so you can enjoy live dealer gaming on the go with Mega Ball.
Where to Play Mega Ball Online
Mega Ball is still a new Evolution Gaming developed live dealer title, and the possibility of playing a bingo-style game is not something which will appeal to everyone. However, if you fancy your luck at Mega Ball, you won’t be short of places to find it. Any reputable and licensed casino worth its salt will offer Evolution Gaming’s Mega Ball. If you want a jump start in finding something to play the game, why not head check out the top Canadian online casinos we have to recommend to you? Each and every one of them has been carefully selected for its ability to offer live dealer games such as this to you and in a safe and secure environment.