Canadians can play at a huge variety of online casinos. With that in mind, only the best will do. Certified online casinos are the top dog when it comes to internet betting sites, and we strongly recommend that you choose to play at one of these casinos. What are certified casinos, and where can you find them, though? On this page, we will recommend a few top, certified betting sites as well as explain what you should look for in these trustworthy, secure, and fair casino domains.
What Does Certified Mean in the Online Casino World?
For those Canadian players not in the know, a certified casino is one of the most trusted sites you can choose to play at. Essentially, a certified casino is one which has been checked by a variety of authorities. It has been examined and ultimately, approved for online casino gaming. More importantly, it has been verified to offer fair and safe casino gambling opportunities. So says, so? Let us find out…
The Authorities That Certify Casinos
There are several different bodies and authorities that have the power to certify online casinos. Some of these are official bodies, and some are less official. What they have to say on the matter is just as relevant, though. A certified casino could be examined by any of these bodies…
- Gambling Authorities: Licensing authorities are the most prominent bodies to certify casinos. These include the UKGC (United Kingdom Gambling Commission) and the Malta Gaming Authority. The Government of Curacao also endorses online casinos, as does the Kahnawake Gambling Authority and a few other gambling commissions.
- Regulators: There are other groups which can certify casinos, too. Regulators may be attached to the licensing authorities listed above, or they may be independent regulators. Some – such as the Government of Curacao – do not regulate casinos. Regulators check for fair play, RNG (random number generator) certification, and a few other things to ensure that a casino is adhering to the industry standards in terms of safety and fairness.
- Independent Auditors: Independent auditors can also certify casinos. These bodies will regularly check casinos, specifically in relation to casino payments and these types of aspects. They will also ensure that everything is above board before certifying a casino. Any slip-ups and a casino may find that it is no longer certified.
- Provably Fair: It is worth mentioning that regulators, auditors, and other bodies can also certify a casino as “Provably Fair”. This hallmark is a clear sign that a Bitcoin casino (or another form of cryptocurrency casino) offers fair play gaming. If you are on the lookout for a top Canadian online casino offering cryptocurrency action, look for the Provably Fair hallmark.
- Player Protection Groups: Several player protection groups are also known to certify casinos, but with their own seal of approval. These sites look out for problems with casinos paying out players or breaking the rules. A casino which is certified as fair on these sites is worth investigating. Casinos which appear on these site’s “blacklists” should naturally be avoided.
- Canada Online Casinos: Of course, we have our own certification. While not as official as that of licensing authorities or regulators, we still know our onions. Any casino we recommend must not only be approved by us but has also been certified by at least one (possibly more) of the bodies listed above.
Can I Always Trust a Certified Casino?
For the most part, all certified casinos can be trusted by players in Canada. Of course, it depends on which body has done the certifying and how reputable that authority is. However, the general logic behind a certified casino is that it has been tried and tested, examined, and checked and passed numerous tests to acquire its certification. So-called “bad casinos” fail these tests. This implies that all certified casinos are certainly internet casino domains you may wish to check out.
Feel Relaxed at a Certified Canadian Online Casino
You should feel relaxed about playing at a certified online casino site. To acquire a certification means that casinos must jump through hoops. Some of the things you can expect to find at a certified Canadian online casino are…
- Fair, RNG-certified online casino games
- Decent promotions and bonuses with favourable terms and conditions
- Reliable payment methods with low/no fees and fast transaction times
- Around the clock support and assistance
You should also know that certified casinos are watched regularly, to ensure that they are maintaining a high quality of service. If your casino remains certified, it is still likely amongst the best in the business.
Play at the Best, Certified Canadian Casinos with CanadaOnlineCasinos.com
One of the quickest ways to get yourself signed up at a certified online casino is to head to our reviews page. We only represent certified online casino sites. Our reviews will let you know which bodies license and regulate casinos, and we also give them our own certification, to ensure that they are safe for Canadians to play at.