You might have heard the famous tales of card counters doing a number on casinos. There is every chance that you might have wondered if there is a way to cheat the house? Sadly, unless you are quite literally cheating, there is no way to guarantee a win. There are ways to give yourself a leg up, though. Using blackjack strategies to wager on the world’s most famous card game is one way. What are these blackjack strategies, and how can they be used and incorporated to improve your odds of success at blackjack games? CanadaOnlineCasinos.com takes a closer look.
Using Blackjack Strategies to Play
Ultimately, there aren’t too many blackjack strategies out there for you to use. Admittedly, there are just two bona fide strategies (Basic Strategy and Conservative Strategy), and even these share a lot of things in common. There are, however, a handful of blackjack tips and tricks that you can use to improve your odds of success, too. None of these is guaranteed to dish out a win, but we will take a closer look at each of them in turn and help you understand what they can do, and how to use them.
Winning with Blackjack Strategies
Let us get the obvious out of the way – there is no such thing as a blackjack strategy which guarantees a win. Whatever you may have heard is simply untrue. Blackjack players who have won decent money at a casino might tell you that they have the recipe for success, but either they do not, or they aren’t sharing it. If they did let it be known, you can rest assured that a casino would come up with countermeasures to protect against it. So, if there is no blackjack strategy which guarantees a win, what is the point of them?
Instead of guaranteeing a win, blackjack strategies are predominantly used to turn the tide in your favour. You may still end up losing, but you can put yourself in the best position possible to land a win. Some tips and tricks can even see your marginally lower the house edge, and these are not to be sniffed at.
On this page, and in our subsequent blackjack strategy guides, we will walk you through each of the most recognisable blackjack strategies, show you how they are used, and why you may wish to consider incorporating them into your game.
Blackjack Strategies 101
As mentioned, there are two blackjack strategies which we could equate to being proper strategies in every sense. In the guides you can find at Canada Online Casinos, we will explain both of them. These two strategies are known as:
There are, however, a few other aspects which are unquestionably worth looking at if you wish to play blackjack online. One of these is a series of tips and tricks. They aren’t as methodical as a proper blackjack strategy, and you don’t have to follow a strict set of rules to use them. For those players who are not interested in spending hours studying blackjack strategies, these short tips and tricks may be effective. We have dedicated a page to those, too.
At the same time, you can always opt to use betting strategies, such as the Martingale System. Ordinarily, we would advise against using betting strategies such as these in blackjack, as they do not give you much wiggle room when it comes to splitting or doubling down. They work best with even-money bets which have not been tinkered with. Moreover, things can get hairy when using the Martingale System and other betting strategies if you sustain heavy losses. They are nonetheless an option you have open to you, but not one we will discuss here.
The Optimal Games for Blackjack Strategies
Certain blackjack games will work well with strategies, and some do not. Generally speaking, Basic Strategy is designed for Classic Blackjack games, while other tips and tricks may only be relevant to specific blackjack variants. It is up to you to work out which blackjack games are most ideal for the strategy or tricks you want to use. However, there are a few base rules which are always true. These include:
- Play RNG Blackjack Games: You are advised to play RNG (random number generator) blackjack games wherever possible, as these will allow you to play at your own pace. This is essential if you wish to consult a Basic Strategy chart. Personally, we would recommend avoiding live dealer blackjack games until you have become skilled enough to remember strategies, tips and tricks. The main reason we say that is because live blackjack betting windows often tend to be short, and this may not give you the time you need to consult strategy charts.
- Avoid Side-Bet Games: Whatever blackjack variant you happen to be playing, there is only a finite window when you want to be messing about with side-bets. While they may look attractive, they are seldom likely to come good. Moreover, side-bets often mess with blackjack strategies, thus making them essentially disastrous if you want to stick with the plan.
Other Top Blackjack Tips and Tricks
As mentioned, there are plenty of blackjack tips and tricks that you can use in lieu of a dedicated strategy. We have put together a page where these are clearly explained to you. However, there are a few basic tips and tricks that you should always remember whatever strategy you plan on using. These include:
- Avoid Insurance Bets: Like side-bets, there is a finite window when insurance bets may be profitable. Personally, we would avoid making insurance bets, as they offer one of the worst success rates for returns of any of the possible moves you can make in blackjack.
- Play for Free First: Always play free blackjack games, to begin with. This will allow you to practice blackjack and hone your skills. Once you have a rough idea of how a strategy works, you can progress to real money blackjack games. It is best to test-drive blackjack strategies in free-to-play games unless you have a devil may care attitude to gambling.
- Read Blackjack Literature: You can learn more than the internet can ever teach you by buying a book. A number of professional card players have shared their knowledge in books. Of course, they want to be paid for their tips and tricks, so you are going to have to fork out a few dollars if you want to learn from people with insider knowledge.
- Explore Blackjack Variants: There is not just one type of blackjack for you to play online. On the contrary, there are many. While playing blackjack games for free, we would recommend you to try out a few different variants. Some of these games have altered pay rates, house edges and rules, but some blackjack variants may be more ideally suited to the type of strategy you wish to use or the way you want to play.
Learn More About Blackjack Strategies Right Here
CanadaOnlineCasinos.com has given you a taste and an introduction to blackjack strategies. If you want to learn more, head to one of our strategy pages to learn how each strategy works and whether it is ideal for you. We have pages covering Basic Strategy, Conservative Strategy and Tips and Tricks. Use the links above to navigate to whichever method sounds interesting to you, to learn more about top blackjack strategies today.