Since the advent of casino sites, gamblers have enjoyed an increasing range of options. For years, online casinos have been driven by the desire to bridge the gap between online gambling and land-based gambling. The most successful attempt at bridging this gap has been live dealer games.
How Do Live Casino Games Work?
The introduction of live dealer games allowed casino sites to close some of the gaps between online and land-based gambling. Live casino games have been growing in popularity over the years. With live dealer games, online casinos can stream gaming action over the internet to players at home. Gaming action is usually streamed from a studio or a real casino and involves a real dealer. Live dealer games bring some realness to online gambling.
What Can I Play Online?
In the early days of live casino dealerships, only classic games were available. Today, there’s a large array of options ranging from classic games such as blackjack, roulette, and baccarat to dice games. As expected, classic games are the most common options at live dealer casinos.
Play Your Way – Live Dealer Variants
– Baccarat: Baccarat has a reputation associated with class and prestige. Although the ancient game is associated with high rollers, it can also be enjoyed by average gamblers. The game presents three possible options. You can bet on either of the two hands in the game or on both hands tying. Live Punto Banco is the most common variant of the game. The game features unique offerings such as Card Peek, Dragon Bonus, and Par Side Bet amongst others. Live dealer variants of the game include baccarat squeeze, live speed baccarat, baccarat dragon bonus, multi-camera baccarat, baccarat control squeeze.
– Blackjack: Blackjack is a popular option in online casino gambling, especially amongst gamblers that prefer games that allow some degree of skill. The game also comes with some of the lowest house edges in the casino. Like other classic games, blackjack can be streamed in real-time. Live dealer variants of the game include live infinite blackjack, free bet blackjack, blackjack party, hybrid blackjack, and unlimited 21 blackjack auto split.
– Dice Games: In the early days of live dealer games, dice games weren’t really an option. Live dealer casinos focused on offering classic games such as blackjack and roulette. Overtime, dice games were added to the live dealer catalogue. Dice games are simple to play and easy to get started with. All you have to do is get acquainted with the various types of bet and place a bet. The games are based on a simple premise: guess the outcome of a roll. The most popular dice game available in live dealer format is Sic Bo. Another popular dice game is craps.
– Money-Wheel Games: Another group of games available in live dealer format are money wheel games. These include Wheel of Fortune, Dream Catcher, Monopoly Live, and Deal or No Deal. These games feature a live dealer who spins a wheel following a bet placed by the player. Live Wheel of Fortune comes with a wheel divided into spaces. The spaces are numbered 1 to 18 with the last space designated with a symbol.
Besides the numbers, the spaces are also marked with one of three colors. Players are required to bet on a number or color the wheel stops on. Live Dream Catcher also shares similar features with Live Wheel of Fortune, albeit with a number of differences. For example, rather than a procession of numbers that follow a natural order, Live Dream Catcher features numbers at various frequencies (1, 2, 5..)
– Roulette: The simple, exotic, and intriguing nature of roulette make it a player’s favorite. The game features simple rules as well as an array of betting options. But what makes roulette popular is more than just simple rules and multiple betting options. The game features exciting gameplay characterized by an element of mystery. Popular variants of the game are available at live dealer casinos. These include the French, European, and American versions of the game. Others include lightning roulette, immersive roulette, slingshot auto roulette, immersive lite, dual play roulette, and double ball roulette.
– Table Poker: Another popular option at live casino sites is table poker. A good number of these sites offer live poker games such as Live Caribbean Stud Poker, Three Card Poker, Live Texas Hold’em Poker, and Live Casino Hold’em. The latter is the most common live poker game. The game incorporates a number of unique features such as multi-user interface and live chat which makes the game compelling. Like with the land-based game, you still need to employ skill to win in Live Casino Hold’em.
– Others: Other games available in live dealer format include Teen Patti, Dragon Tiger, Andar Bahar, and lottery games.
What You Want to See
The best live dealer games offer a range of handy options that make for an exciting gaming experience. But the best live dealer sites are also licensed and regulated by a renown gambling authority. But even more, these sites are certified by independent third-party organizations.
Handy options provided by these sites include player history, stats centers, a dealer conversation option, live dealer bonuses, and a well-designed interface that makes it easy to find the bet you’d like to place.
The Best Live Casino Games for Canadian Players
A good number of live dealer sites offer services that cut across a large geographical mapping which includes players from Canada. Nearly all live dealer casino sites offer classic games which a handful offer all of the games listed above. Some of the sites also offer games that come with the above handy features mentioned above. These sites represent the most reputable sites in the online gambling space.