Canadian online casinos are home to many internet banking options. From e-wallets to credit and debit cards, prepaid vouchers, mobile-only options, cryptocurrencies and more, there is always something a Canadian player can use to either top-up their balance or cash out their winnings. iDebit is a payment method which does not have a huge following outside of Canada. However, inside the country, it is a well-known option and one which attracts a significant following of Canadian online casino players. What is iDebit, and how can it be used to play at internet casinos? Read on to find out more…
What Is iDebit?
iDebit is an online banking method. It effectively allows you to process purchases through your online banking account, but in a more secure manner than simply transferring money via a bank transfer.
The payment method did not really spring up until 2013, but it has rapidly become a firm favourite with players in a few countries, most notably Canada. Transactions made with iDebit are known to be super fast. While bank transfers will see you unable to play until your deposit arrives at the casino, iDebit allows you to play instantly.
There are two ways to deposit with iDebit. On the one hand, you can top-up your iDebit balance by using your bank account. To do this, you will need to open an account with iDebit. Alternatively, you can simply process an instant transaction using iDebit as the middleman between the casino and your bank. This does not require you to have an iDebit account, though, you need to ensure that your bank is one of those supported by the payment method. Choosing the latter will see you incur a fee, though.
Is iDebit Accepted at Canadian Online Casinos?
iDebit is not only accepted at many top Canadian online casinos; it is a personal favourite of many Canadian gamblers. iDebit does not have a huge following outside of Canada, but that is hardly going to be any of your concern. A quick check of the most popular online casinos in Canada reveals that most of them are more than happy for you to deposit and withdraw from your account using this online casino payment method.
How to Deposit Funds Using iDebit
Depositing funds at an online casino using iDebit is not as complicated as you might think. First, you need to choose how you wish to deposit. You can open an account with iDebit, or not. If you choose to open an account (it is free), you can top-up your iDebit balance using your bank. Your bank will need to be supported to do this.
Alternatively, you can opt to make a one-time transaction, using iDebit as the middleman between your bank and the casino. Choosing this option will see you pay a fee of $1.50 per transaction. Once you have decided how you wish to go about it, head to your casino.
- Click on the cashier page at your casino and select iDebit.
- You must enter the amount you wish to deposit.
- On the next screen, decide whether you wish to pay with your iDebit balance (if you have an account) or via a one-off transaction.
- Whichever method you choose, your deposit will land in your casino account in minutes.
How to Withdraw Winnings Using iDebit
You can also use iDebit to cash out your winnings. In some casinos, you can only withdraw via iDebit if you have an iDebit account. Other casinos will permit you to go the long way round, but this is fiddly and overly complicated. We’d strongly recommend you use an iDebit account for this next step.
- Head to the cashier page.
- Select iDebit and enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Enter your iDebit account details and confirm the transaction.
- Provided you have fulfilled any outstanding wagering requirements, have not reached any withdrawal limits, and have enough funds on your account, your transaction should arrive in 2-3 days.
Once your winnings have arrived in your iDebit account, you can opt to transfer them onto your bank account. This can take a further 5 days, and there is also a small fee for doing this.
Fees and Transaction Times
It is free to open an iDebit account. You can also make a payment from your iDebit balance and transfer funds from one iDebit account to another totally free of charge. However, there are some fees associated with iDebit, and you should be aware of these before you decide to use the payment method.
For instance, depositing into your casino account using iDebit (but not having an account) will cost $1.50 per transaction. If you wish to withdraw casino winnings from your iDebit balance to your bank account, you are going to be met with a fixed fee of $2 per transaction. These appear to be the only fees associated with the banking option.
The Pros and Cons of Using iDebit at Canadian Casinos
There are pros and cons to using iDebit at Canadian casinos, as there are with many other payment methods. Here are a few of the things you may want to note about iDebit.
- Opening an Account Is Better: It is cheaper to open an account than to use the bank transfer service. This is especially true if you are going to be depositing frequently. Trying to cash out winnings without having an iDebit account is fiddly at best.
- Transaction Limits: iDebit has transaction limits. You can use your iDebit account to keep tabs on your transactions. If you are nearing your transaction limits, you may need to verify your account or wait until a 30-day period has elapsed.
- Account Verification: You can verify your account to obtain higher transaction limits, which is ideal for high-rolling Canadian players
- Canadian Dollar: The Canadian dollar is accepted for iDebit transactions, which is ideal for Canadian bettors.
Find Top iDebit Online Casinos for Canadian Players Today
iDebit is a near-perfect banking option for Canadian players to use when gambling online. If you want to play at a top Canadian casino, and one which has banking options which will suit you, then iDebit online casinos are the way to go. Nip over to our review section, and you can find a variety of top Canadian online casinos which accept iDebit today.